Role purpose (position scope):
Receives, stocking of; supplies, and compiles records. Additional task may be assigned by manager.
The individual who holds this position must be able to perform essential duties and responsibilities
within 90 days.
- Operate UPS, and Fed Ex mail equipment. Keep all records of outgoing shipments.
- Packs all material utilizing instapak, and various other shipping supplies to assure safe handling during shipment.
- Prepare shipping documents and mailing labels and make sure that orders, filled correctly.
- Correct address and labeling of packages, look up and compute freight or postal rates, and record the weight and cost of each shipment.
- Prepare commercial invoices and furnish information about shipments to other parts of the company, such as the accounting department.
- Verifying content of incoming shipments against the original order and the accompanying bill of lading or invoice.
- Recording of shipments and condition of its contents.
- Barcode inventory at receiving point.
- Check shipments for any discrepancies in quantity, price, and discounts.
- Movement of properly transacted receipts.
- Arrange for adjustments with shippers whenever merchandise is lost or damaged.
- Control all receiving platform operations, such as scheduling of trucks, recording of shipments, and handling of damaged goods.
- Maintain records on the destination, weight, and charges on all incoming and outgoing freight.
- Comply and uphold Canyon AeroConnect SHE policies and standards.
- Comply with the Canyon AeroConnect Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Possesses working knowledge of stockroom, shipping, receiving and inspection processes
- High degree of initiative and ownership, attention to detail, and the discipline to follow through on assigned tasks
- Ability to communicate well internally and externally at all levels in the organization
- Good organization skills with attention to detail
Level II – Intermediate (Experienced)
- KNOWLEDGE – Solid knowledge of the job. Substantial acquaintance with and understanding of
general aspects of the job with a broad understanding of the detailed aspects of the job.
- SKILL – Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned
- COMPLEXITY – Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature, but recognizes the need
for occasional deviation from accepted practice. Resolves routine questions and problems, and
refers complex issues to higher levels.
- DISCRETION/LATITTUDE – Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures to
accomplish assigned tasks.
- MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE – High School diploma (or equivalent) and 2 years of
No direct reports
Key Measures and Milestones:
- Receiving cycle time
- Piece part On Time To Promise (OTTP)
- Tasks involve light physical effort in sedentary to light work; may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects or materials (20-30 lbs.)
- Exposure to noise and chemicals
- Required to pass eye tests and correct vision to acceptable standards
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Temperature controlled manufacturing environment
- Overtime to include evenings, and weekend work may be required on occasion
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive of every job function, duty and responsibility.
Duties may increase, decrease and/or change as deemed necessary to support the department