Role purpose (position scope):
The individual in this role will provide cost accounting support to the VP of Finance. Additionally, the person must be able to perform analysis to provide insight into costs incurred as well as ways to manage costs in the business. The Cost Accountant will be part of the Finance team.
The employee must be able to meet all minimum standards within 90 days.
- Lead implementation of robust standard cost system within company’s current ERP system.
- Review product BOMs, routings, and item master data for establishing and maintaining standard costs.
- Prepare monthly reports and analysis used to reconcile and validate COGS, gross margin, purchase price variance, inventory movements and balances along with various manufacturing variances.
- Assist with forecasts and budgets relating to revenue, COGS and margin analysis.
- Manage inventory accounting activities including working with operations to improve work order cost tracking and inventory transaction accuracy.
- Manage Engineering project cost tracking via Syspro Projects and Contracts module including reconciliations with Engineering Program Management and preparation of the Contract Status Report and other needed program cost analysis.
- Prepare periodic reports and analysis for new product offerings and bid proposal requests.
- Provide thoughtful analysis and proactively identify areas of focus for cost savings.
- Assist with general accounting responsibilities such as balance sheet account reconciliations, closing activities, and bank reconciliations as needed.
- Comply and uphold Canyon Aeroconnect SHE policies and standards.
- Comply with the Canyon Aeroconnect Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Other special projects and analysis as assigned by manager.
- Strong ERP experience / ORACLE experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft products especially Excel
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong work ethic and sense of urgency
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
Level III – Senior (Career Level)
- KNOWLEDGE – Complete understanding and broad application of principles, concepts, practices and standards in applicable discipline. Full knowledge of industry practices. This classification level represents the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
- JOB COMPLEXITY – Works on problems of diverse scope and complexity, where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- DISCRETION/LATITTUDE – Works under only general direction. Participates in determining objectives of assignment. Establishes work prioritization and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion to ensure that objectives have been met. May assist in orienting and training lower level employees in completing work assignments.
- MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE – Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; A minimum of 5 years of experience as an inventory or cost accountant in a manufacturing environment ; CPA or MBA or evidence of continuous education preferred
Requires willingness to work a flexible schedule including some weekend and holidays.