Role purpose (position scope):
This challenging position involves a variety of sales and administrative duties. The individual must possess excellent interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work with facts and figures. The individual will need to possess effective speaking and customer service skills to both build and maintain positive customer relationships.
The individual who holds this position must be able to perform essential duties and responsibilities within 90 days.
- Create quotations and sales orders for pricing and delivery in ERP per procedure, following stringent contract review procedure including key stakeholder review, providing documents to sales personnel and customers as directed.
- Review orders and quotes for accuracy and completeness.
- Monitor the progress of scheduled orders to ensure customer expectations are met, commitments are kept and delivery schedule is achieved, communicating with sales personnel and customers of any changes to commitments.
- Assist customers with product returns, including creation of return authorizations, credit requests with appropriate paperwork approvals and preparing replacement orders for products as needed.
- Manage Customer Relations; communicating delivery commitments and updates and suggesting products as appropriate.
- Add/update CRM database with customer and opportunity records including correspondence, status updates, noting written and verbal communications.
- Work with external sales personnel to prepare offers and communicate with customers, including follow up on quotations and updates to CRM opportunities.
- Monitor customer e-business web-portal activities (ESIS, Exostar, etc.).
- Regularly file quotes, sales orders and sales related correspondence.
- Communicate with production control, operations, engineering and account managers to supply required data.
- Support department metrics to achieve goals; dull data and track for daily/monthly analysis as required
- Manage customer complaints in database; follow up with Quality Dept. and customer accordingly.
- Comply with and uphold the Canyon Aeroconnect Code of Business Conduct, Ethics, SHE policies and company standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Effective problem solving related to routine customer concerns
- Knowledge of personal computers, word processors and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of ERP order entry and CRM systems would be an asset
- Knowledge of CAC Products and AS9100 standards would be an asset
- Detail oriented and able to multitask
- Diligent follow up and time management skills
- Good customer service & telephone manners required
- Ability to build rapport with customers over the phone and through email
- Excellent interpersonal skills and legible handwriting
- Good data entry skills with ability to accurately type 40 wpm
- Ability to speak multiple languages would be an asset
Level I – Entry (Inexperienced)
- KNOWLEDGE – Little or no knowledge of the job. Moderate understanding of general aspects and some understanding of the detailed aspects of the job.
- SKILL – Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks.
- COMPLEXITY – Works on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring limited judgment. Has little or no role in decision-making.
- DISCRETION/LATTITUDE – Works under close supervision. Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
- MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE – High School diploma (or equivalent) and 1 – 2 years ERP system/Order Management system and CRM experience preferred; 2+ years of Office Administration and Customer Service experience required
No direct reports
Key Measures and Milestones:
- Order entry data accuracy
- Monitor sales orders and communicate status to customers
- Quote and PO Turn Around time (dept. metrics)
- Customer response time within 24 hours
- Positive Team attitude; Customer Advocate
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Tasks involve light physical effort in sedentary to light work; may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects or materials (5 – 10 lbs.)
- Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Office setting, reasonably quiet, temperature controlled
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive of every job function, duty and responsibility.
Duties may increase, decrease and/or change as deemed necessary to support the department