Role purpose (position scope):
The Field Service Technician is the primary point of contact for technical support of our products. This person works with the customer to understand issues and then works with the Business Unit Teams and engineering to resolve these issues to the satisfaction of our clients. This person is also the primary technical resource for the field sales force, including participation in the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. The customer support manager will create and maintain a system to measure our responsiveness in resolving customer issues. This person will develop strong relationships, both internally and externally, and be involved throughout the entire life cycle of our products. Travel as necessary, at times with short notice, to support customers and field events. Travel may exceed 50% based on customer/market needs.
Must be able to meet all minimum standards within 90 days.
· Liaison for customer issues into requirements for Sales, Business Unit Teams and engineering
· Support RFI/RFP responses for functional, technical and support elements.
· Develop and maintain key support metrics (open tickets, days to close, warranty costs, etc.).
· Supports field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
· Oversees technical publications and able to develop some technical content (system block diagrams, product specifications, etc.) for customer facing literature.
· Engage in customer support actions as necessary to maintain and / or advance the sales relationship with a customer or prospect.
· Provide life-cycle support (aftermarket elements) to New Product Development projects.
· Provide product training and familiarization, internally and externally.
· Comply and uphold Canyon Aeroconnect EH&S policies and standards.
· Comply with the Canyon AeroConnect Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
· Other duties as assigned by manager.
· Must be self-motivated with a proven track record in avionics sales and service, and knowledge of avionics technology
· Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization focused on cross-functional collaboration Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports
· Highly organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
· Must be prepared for extensive travel
· Competent with MS office products including PowerPoint
· Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
· “Right first time” attitude
· Ensuring proper adherence to aviation safety requirements
· Communicate with clients to determine needs and explain complex issues
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Ability to work independently and in team environment
· Ability to work under pressure
Level II – Experienced
· KNOWLEDGE – Full use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
· JOB COMPLEXITY – Works on problems of moderate scope and complexity, where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
· DISCRETION/LATITTUDE – Work is closely supervised. Follows specific, detailed instructions.
· MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; 4 – 6 years of sales and service in the avionics industry; Experience and familiarity with Canyon AeroConnect products and business processes a plus
No direct reports
Must be able to perform the following physical demands with or without accommodation:
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
· Tasks involve light physical effort in sedentary to light work; may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects or materials (5 – 30 lbs.)
· Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station constantly performing repetitive motions to use a personal computer and other office equipment, as well as walking around an office and industrial environment
· Ability to perform physical activities related to traveling, such as driving, moving throughout airports, flying
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
· While performing the aforementioned job duties, the employee mainly works in an office setting; that is relatively quiet and has temperature control systems
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive of every job function, duty and responsibility. Duties may increase, decrease and/or change as deemed necessary to support the department operations.