The successful candidate will be responsible for design, simulation, coding, and implementation of signal processing, control algorithms and general purpose I/O utilizing FPGA technology. This position will be part of a team developing a suite of commercial avionics communication and navigation equipment based on software defined radio methodologies
Position located in Prescott, AZ. Reports to the Hardware Engineering manager
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement complex algorithms using FPGAs, adeptly handling placement, routing, and timing constraints.
- General knowledge of current FPGA technologies, have worked with a major suppliers products; Xilinx, Altera, Actel, Lattice, Atmel, etc.
- Experience with bench equipment; network/spectrum/vector analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Experience working in a requirements based environment
- Works to and supports schedules and metrics
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- Proficient in VHDL or Verilog (prefer VHDL)
- 5+ years of experience in radio development
- While knowledge of communications systems, modulation, demodulation, digital signal processing, discrete-time math, various waveforms; AM, FM, D8PSK, C4FM, PI/4DQPSK, etc…is a plus, this design position is focused on the following general purpose FPGA development:
- FSM (Finite State Machines)
- Serial communications links: SPI, I2S, I2C, USB
- High level protocol interfaces such as: PCIe, PCI
- General purpose I/O
- General purpose register, memory interfaces
- General purpose command/status/control registers and memory data buffers (Ring, FIFO, LIFO)
- CODEC audio interface and control
- Protocol translation: USB – SPI, PCIe – USB, PCIe – Discrete I/O
- Design experience of software defined tactical radios (preferred), and/or Com/Nav designs
- Experience with Requirement Management tools
- Experience developing under FAA certification environment, e.g., DO178b and DO-254
- General Avionics or helicopter pilot experience
- Knowledge of the following technologies/skills is a plus:
- P-25 system and C4FM/CQPSK modulation techniques
- Tetra system and PI/4DQPSK modulation techniques
- Radio navigation and communications standards; DME, ILS, VOR, GPS, etc.
- Mesh radio’s, WiFi, Codec, 3G/4G LTE