Role purpose (position scope):
Primary responsibilities include providing support for problem solving of assembly and test issues through investigation and research. Support of manufacturing engineering tasks related to engineering change requests and implementation of design changes into process documentation and Enterprise Resource Planning system.
This position may be considered as an internship, part-time or full-time depending on current company needs. This position will provide on the job training in support of further education and training pursuant by the individual. This role will be supported by Manufacturing Engineer II or higher depending on experience level and complexity of problem solving required.
The individual must be able to meet all minimum standards within 90 days.
Key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Process improvement.
- Process development.
- Direct interaction with production assembly and test personnel.
- Documentation and maintenance of assembly procedures and work instructions.
- Creation and maintenance of Bill of Materials and Routers within the Enterprise Resource Planning system.
- Technical drawing and schematic interpretation.
- Support in developing and furthering existing 3D printing capabilities.
- Support of, and observation of, CAC policies and procedures related to the Quality Management System, and certifications held by CAC (e.g. AS9100C, ISO9001, etc.). Performance management and continuous improvement in:
- Supporting continuous improvement initiatives through participation in events affecting direct area of responsibility and affected departments within the business.
- Comply and uphold Canyon Aeroconnect Safety, Health and Environmental policies and standards.
- Comply with the Canyon Aeroconnect Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Knowledge of basic product, test equipment, electronic components and general assembly hand tools.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio).
- Familiarity with 3D CAD systems like Solidworks and similar advanced design software.
- Read and understand electronic schematics and Printed Circuit Board (PCB) assembly drawings.
- Upper level Mathematics, pre-calculus or higher, including basic probability and statistics.
Level I – Entry (Inexperienced)
- KNOWLEDGE – Limited use and/or application of basic principles, theories, and concepts. Limited knowledge of industry practices and standards. 2 years relevant experience as a manufacturing assembler or technician preferred; Knowledge/exposure to AS9100, FAA and ISO desired.
- JOB COMPLEXITY – Works on problems of limited scope. Follows established business practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- DISCRETION/LATITTUDE – Work is closely supervised. Follows specific, detailed instructions.
- MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE – Associates Degree in a technical or scientific curriculum (or the equivalent combination of education and experience) and no previous professional experience.
No direct reports
- Tasks involve light physical effort in sedentary to light work; may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects or materials (20-30 lbs.)
- Exposure to noise and chemicals
- May be required to pass eye tests and correct vision to acceptable standards
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Temperature controlled manufacturing environment
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive of every job function, duty and responsibility. Duties may increase, decrease and/or change as deemed necessary to support the department operations.
Canyon Aeroconnect is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex or national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.