Role (position scope):
The successful candidate will be responsible to monitor, execute, and instil programmatic controls of specified programs. Particular program emphasis is relative to the development of commercial avionics equipment including: software defined radios, airborne servers, audio equipment, communication/navigation, transponders, and similar hardware. The program manager will be a key interface into the Product Line Management team, business development, and a technical interface for customers.
A previous role as a technical engineering manager with would be a plus.
Position located in Prescott, AZ.
- Experience in commercial avionics systems development, bid management, and customer support.
- Shown skills at balancing cost and schedule performance.
- Experience with program reporting to upper management.
- Experience building effective relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency.
- Experience with Earned Value Management System.
- Experience with program Risks and Opportunities.
- Experience with DO-178B development, DO-254, and DO-160 Qualification Testing.
- Experienced with MS Project.
- Experienced with writing/negotiating SOWs.
- Has successfully performed as a Project Engineering (PE) role or Project Management (PM) role.
- Manages to schedules and metrics.
- BS in Engineering or equivalent.
- 15+ years of experience in avionics development.
- 5+ years formally managing a program as a PE or PM.
- Experience in commercial avionics systems development, bid management, and customer support
- Shown skills at balancing cost and schedule performance
- Experience with program reporting to upper management
- Experience building effective relationships with customers and suppliers
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency
- Experience with Earned Value Management System
- Experience with program Risks and Opportunities
- Experience with DO-178B development, DO-254, and DO-160 Qualification Testing
- Experienced with MS Project
- Experienced with writing/negotiating SOWs
- Has successfully performed as a Project Engineering (PE) role or Project Management (PM) role
- Manages to schedules and metrics
Level III – Senior (Career Level)
- KNOWLEDGE – Complete understanding and broad application of principles, concepts, practices and standards in applicable discipline. Full knowledge of industry practices. This classification level represents the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
- JOB COMPLEXITY – Works on problems of diverse scope and complexity, where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- DISCRETION/LATITTUDE – Works under only general direction. Participates in determining objectives of assignment. Establishes work prioritization and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion to ensure that objectives have been met. May assist in orienting and training lower level employees in completing work assignments.
- MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE – Bachelor’s Degree (or the equivalent combination of education and experience) and 6 years of related experience.
Education and Experience:
- BS EE or equivalent
- 15+ years of experience in avionics development
- 5+ years formally managing a program as a PE or PM
- Tasks involve light physical effort in sedentary to light work; may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects or materials (5 – 10 lbs.)
- Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the aforementioned job duties, the employee mainly works in an office setting that is relatively quiet and has temperature control systems
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive of every job function, duty and responsibility. Duties may increase, decrease and/or change as deemed necessary to support the department operations.