Role purpose (position scope):
This individual performs maintenance, preventative maintenance and modifications to avionics equipment IAW FAR Part 145 repair station regulations. S/he performs preliminary analyses, alignment, moderate to complex troubleshooting, repair, and testing of electronics at a level the meets or exceeds the expected productivity in accordance with the manufactures approved data and the FAA certified repair station requirements.
Individual must be able to meet all minimum standards within 90 days.
· Each technician must meet the standard job performance criteria and company policies in addition to the items below.
· Continued learning and skills building as required to support the business.
· Comply with all applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, ISO procedures, and Canyon AeroConnect policies and procedures.
· Read, interpret and perform maintenance from electronic drawings and documentation to conduct maintenance tasks.
· Perform repair rework using solder equipment to acceptable IPC J-STD specifications.
· Inspect all assigned maintenance articles being worked and replacement materials for defects and proper identification.
· Record work performed in a complete and legible manner to ensure proper traceability.
· Work diligently to meet standard and expedited work deadlines as a participant in achieving ontime performance objectives and customer expectations.
· Participate and support in workplace audits and maintain test equipment calibration.
· Comply with lean work methods and keep workspace in a clean and orderly manner.
· Support company warranty reduction and cost avoidance objectives.
· Support other Operations department activities to include production work as assigned.
· Comply with the Canyon Aeroconnect Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
· Comply and uphold Canyon Aeroconnect SHE policies and standards.
· Other duties as assigned by manager.
· Advanced technician with experience repairing electronic devices
· Experience on a variety of electronics with moderate to advanced electronics troubleshooting proficiency
· Capable of maintaining multiple products, once trained, with good on-time performance and minimal supervision
· Manual dexterity and excellent hand/eye coordination needed for use of small hand tools, including soldering, and vision sufficient to work with surface-mount electronic components
· Surface-mount electronic component soldering skills
· Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
· Computer proficiency preferred
Level II – Intermediate (Experienced)
· KNOWLEDGE – Solid knowledge of the job. Substantial acquaintance with and understanding of general aspects of the job with a broad understanding of the detailed aspects of the job.
· SKILL – Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
· COMPLEXITY – Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature, but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice. Resolves routine questions and problems, and refers complex issues to higher levels.
· DISCRETION/LATITTUDE – Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
· MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE – High School diploma (or equivalent); 2-year technical degree or a certificate in electronics or avionics technology is preferred; 3 or more years of technical (component-level) bench repair experience; FCC license preferred; Eligibility to hold a 14 CFR Part 65 FAA Repairman certificate
Key Measures and Milestones:
· Excellent productivity and on-time delivery performance
· Excellent quality performance
· FAA regulatory and company policy compliance
· Support customer satisfaction objectives
· Meet or exceed training assignments
No direct reports
· Light to moderate physical / lifting of products may be required Work Environment:
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
· Climate controlled, well-lit, and secure office/shop environment
· 40-hour work week with overtime as needed to support on-time delivery
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive of every job function, duty and responsibility. Duties may increase, decrease and/or change as deemed necessary to support the department operations.