Position is located in Prescott, AZ.
The successful candidate will be responsible to monitor, execute, and instill programmatic controls of engineering programs. Particular program emphasis is relative to the new product development and introduction of avionics equipment including: software defined radios, airborne servers, audio equipment, communication/navigation, transponders, servers, and similar hardware. The program manager will be a key interface into the Product Line Management team, business development, and a technical interface for customers.
A previous role as a technical engineering manager would be a plus.
- Experience in complex avionics systems development, bid management, and customer support
- Shown skills at balancing cost and schedule performance
- Experience with program reporting to upper management
- Experience building effective relationships with customers and suppliers
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency
- Experience with Earned Value Management System
- Experience with program Risks and Opportunities
- Experience with OO-178B development, DO-254, and 00-160 Qualification Testing
- Experienced with MS Project
- Experienced with writing/negotiating SOWs (with suppliers and customers)
- Has successfully performed as a Project Engineering (PE) role or Project Management (PM) role
- Manages to schedules and metrics
- BS EE or equivalent
- 15+ years of experience in avionics development
- 5+ years formally managing a program as a PE or PM
- Experience as an Engineer for New Product Development
- Experience transitioning new products into the factory
- Experience interfacing New Product Introduction or with the factory and a Repair & Overhaul organization to support sustaining products
- Experience with Requirement Management tools
- Experience with subcontract supplier management
- Ability to create, implement, and/or modify programmatic processes
- Design experience of software defined tactical radios, on-board avionic computing platforms/servers, Com/Nav designs, data link systems, and/or In-Flight Entertainment
- Experience with customer and/or FAA audits General Avionics or helicopter pilot experience Knowledge of the following technologies/skills is a plus:
- Mesh radio’s, WiFi, Codec, 3G/4G LTE, touch pad displays, In-Flight Entertainment, MAU/I MA/Card file designs, and/or human factors
- Experience with Contracts, Terms and Conditions, etc.
- Certified PMI PMP/PgMP