Job Title: Business Unit Manager
This position is located onsite at our Manufacturing/Engineering Facility in Prescott, AZ and is not available for Remote work.
Canyon Aeroconnect is seeking its next Business Unit Manager. This dynamic individual is responsible for leading and guiding a cross functional team of sales personnel, engineers and manufacturing personnel to create real intrinsic value. The business unit team is nimble, and fast to match our resources to the customers in real time and has proven to be the engine that grows our company. As a Business Unit Manager having focus on the details of value creation, i.e.; value based pricing, continual cost improvement, and identifying profitable new business opportunities is at the core of your skill set.
In this role you are responsible for bookings, profit and loss accountability, contract negotiations, developing and maintaining customer relationships, and overseeing operating activities to ensure cost objectives are met. Ultimately utilizing the value generation strategy resulting in consistent year over year growth while exceeding our customer’ expectations. The Business Unit Manager reports to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing. This is a key development position for promotion to senior management positions.
This is not meant to be an all-inclusive list, but a general overview of the types of duties performed.
- Responsible for achieving Bookings, Sales, and EBITDA objectives
- Drive consistent value creation through value based pricing, productivity, and profitable new business
- Develop and execute a Business Unit strategy resulting in year over year growth
- Lead a cross-functional Business Unit Team
- Implement initiatives to continuously improve the team responsiveness to customer/business needs, including but not limited to, quality and on-time product
- Prepare and execute a comprehensive Annual Business Unit Plan
- Develop and present Quarterly business reviews to executive management
- Develop positive relationships with customers
- Responsible for contract review and negotiations
- Develop a performance-oriented work environment with high accountability
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree or higher from an accredited university or college; Technical degree preferred
- 5 years total experience which includes roles of increasing responsibility
- Experience leading direct reports or a cross functional team preferred but not required
- Ability to travel 35% – 45% or as business requires
- Self-starter that excels in an entrepreneurial ownership culture
- Accountable for personal performance as well as their team’s performance
- Driven by Results not the Reasons why not
- High driver to achieve both short and long term goals
- Bias for action; exhibits a sense of urgency and rigor
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Data-driven with intrinsic to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple items
- Exhibits leadership abilities, including high accountability
- Leads by example while exhibiting a collective sense of purpose
- Exhibits solid business acumen
- Effective open and honest communicator with solid interpersonal skills
- Lead and prioritize multiple programs to maximize value creation
- 4 year college degree (technical degree preferred but not essential)
- MBA preferred.
- Experience with increasing responsibilities
- Broad business knowledge: sales, engineering, finance and operations
- Industrial experience.
- Management experience-direct reports.
- Ability to drive results from current and prior positions
TransDigm Business Unit Strategy
Canyon Aeroconnect is a Transdigm company. TransDigm organizes each of the portfolio companies into a business unit structure. The business unit is cross functional so that the team can focus their resources directly to the needs of the customer. There is no bureaucracy to get in the way. The resources reside in each team and are deployed by the Business Unit Manager to maximize their effectiveness.
The business unit team is led by the business unit manager. This is considered the primary development position for senior leaders across the corporation. Each quarter, the manager has the opportunity to present their results to the senior corporate staff (CEO, CFO, COO, EVP, and other Portfolio Company Presidents). The direct access to senior leadership provides excellent learning opportunities and exposure for Business Unit Managers.
TransDigm has been growing at 20% to 25% annually for over 20 years. This creates growth opportunities for dynamic people who want to grow and make a difference.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Canyon AeroConnect is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages the application of female, minority, disabled and veteran candidates. Due to the potential for exposure to ITAR controlled data, the incumbent in this role must be a US Person (US Citizen or US Permanent Resident). Interested candidates should submit their resume and salary requirements.